Photos above show inside of the Great Sacred Hall and the object of worship of Rissho-Kosei-Kai
Refuting NBA’s stance on reviving Nichiren Buddhism:
1) Nichiren Buddhist Association (NBA) held a study meeting on July 31, 2016, using the founder of Rissho Kosei-Kai, Nikkyo Niwano’s interpretation of the Lotus Sutra as study materials, and not Soka Gakkai’s version of interpreting the Lotus Sutra (which is based on the Daishonin’s Gosho).
2) Rissho Kosei-Kai does not base its teachings on Nichiren Daishonin’s Gosho, but on the interpretation of the Lotus Sutra by its founder Nikkyo Niwano, and his teachings.
3) Rissho Kosei-Kai is an offshoot of Rei-yu-kai, and its teachings and object of worship is totally different from Nichiren Buddhism.
4) Although believers of Rissho-Kosei-Kai chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, this does not reflect the fundamental spirit of the Daishonin’s teachings.
5) The Rissho-Kosei-Kai uses the Buddha statute as their object of worship.
6) NBA is using Nikkyo Niwano’s interpretation of the Lotus Sutra as their study materials, instead of basing on Nichiren Daishonin’s lecture on the Lotus Sutra – the Ongi Kuden (The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings) or Sensei’s lecture on the Lotus Sutra – The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra, so how could they be reviving Nichiren Buddhism?
Please note in the Latter Day of the Law, only the true Buddha Nichiren Daishonin , who, as the Votary of the Lotus Sutra, correctly read the Lotus Sutra with his whole being and established the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra for the enlightenment of the people of the Latter Day. All other interpretations do not teach the essence of the Lotus Sutra and could not lead people to enlightenment in the Latter Day.The NBAs leaders have doubt on this and believe otherwise?
Does Rissho Kosei-Kai or the teaching of Nikkyo Niwana has the heritage of faith of the Daishonin’s Buddhism? Will there be benefit and happiness? They have in fact disqualified themselves to be Nichiren’s disciples.